Saturday, May 13, 2006

Yay!

Originally posted here, 11/20/05

Yay!
My iPod Nano is dead. It was working when I put it down on Friday, and I hadn't touched it until about ten minutes ago. I am confused. I can reset it, put it on "hold", charge it, and use it as a really pretty 4GB USB flash drive... But that is all. All that crap about breaking screens and scratches is bunk; I've had mine since the day after they came out and it's in great physical condition (and I keep it in my front pocket almost every day)... But this is odd. Perhaps it's karma for missing Vanessa's going-away party and Colin's birthday party, but I have a good excuse: I was sick in bed after I got home from work! At least it's still under warranty... Maybe I'll get a new one... Or see if they'll let me upgrade to a 30GB video.

The past few days have been kinda bad... Today at work, I was doing a routine RAM upgrade on Mohammed Al Ican'tremembertherestofhisname's G4 Cube, and when I booted it post-upgrade it said there was no OS. I was able to boot it as a target machine to another G4 PowerMac and see his data, but there was some pretty serious corruption... Then I found a virus. Yeah, this guy had a virus... On his MAC!? Ugh. Just my luck. Turns out this guy's a pretty big deal or some such, and won't allow us to keep his computer overnight (to run diagnostics and such) because his data is oh so valuable. Yay stress! He's bringing it back today (yikes, I should get some sleep)... I can hardly contain myself. One of my friends suggested the possibility that he might be a terrorist.

No comments: