Wednesday, May 24, 2006

What's up...

So this Wii thing is supposed to be backwards compatible with the GameCube, eh? That kinda defeats the purpose of my pending GameCube + Metroid purchase, doesn't it...

Also, the motherboard 'n DDR400 RAM in my Linux box is acting funny; I can't seem to run it faster than DDR266 (coincidentally synchronous with the FSB of the new 2.4B Pentium 4). Hrmmm...

A guy I know just moved into his first apartment, and he was computerless. I gave him a computer. I gave him this computer, actually: 500MHz AMD K6-2 || 256MB PC100 RAM || MSI MS-5169 Motherboard (ALi Aladdin 5) || 8MB PCI ATi Rage Pro || SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Digital || 20GB HDD || 40x Samsung CD-ROM || D-Link DFE-530TX || 3.5" FDD || 400W PSU || 17" Dell CRT Monitor... I also included a mouse, keyboard, power cables, and licenced software.

Finally, I'm fixing a computer for one of my little brother's friends. It's an old 1.4GHz Socket423 Pentium 4 with some PC133 RAM on a really sketchy PCChips motherboard. Right now I'm cleaning-out viruses and spyware, but I've noticed physical damage to the AGP slot and the CPU HSF clips! I think I'm gonna get him a new ASRock board based on a more recent VIA chipset (they're under $50 CDN, and even that'd be upgrade from what he has) and trade my extra 1.8GHz S478 P4 and DDR266 RAM for his stuff.

No comments: