Saturday, May 13, 2006

More work-related happenings...

Originally posted here, 08/14/04

I was feeling kinda down this morning... Due, just about entirely, to the fact that I've hardly slept all week. The first customer of the day was a woman who was with her son (who was going into grade eight), and she ended up buying nearly $2000 worth of used equipment... That's a lot of used equipment. Essentially, she bought her son a kick-ass computer (P4-3.0GHz w/HT (800MHz FSB)/512MB DDR400/160GB 7200RPM HDD/DVD+RW/etc...), a flat 17" Trinitron monitor, software, and a whole wireless networking setup. It was all very purrrdy.

It was kinda funny to watch the kid get more and more excited as I rang everything up. Towards the end, his mom kept trying to shut him up because he wouldn't stop asking me questions; it was cute. I helped them carry the stuff out to their car, and that's when the kid asked me if he could play LAN games with this new setup. When I said yes, he freaked-out! He was all but dancing in the parking lot... FunStuff®. Anyway, as I was walking back into the building, they drove by on their way out, and the kid was waving madly to me the whole time :)

No comments: