Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"People are idiots."

"And we all shine on" ...An interesting read from the staff journals over at Ars Technica. Whether you agree or not, the two paragraphs towards the end about purchasing televisions and speakers are pretty insightful.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a new laptop (I'm currently running a Toshiba Portégé 3480CT with 128MB of RAM and Windows 2000 Pro), and I was waiting to see what Apple had in store for their MacBook line-up. I'm not thrilled about the 13.3" screen, the weird keyboard, or the glossy finish. I do, however, like the price, especially considering what you get for it. I only ever use my laptop for mobile word processing and Internet access, so OS X seems perfectly suited to those needs. All I need now is something small and light enough to fit in my bag and go everywhere with me that will be viewable in all potential lighting conditions.

No comments: