Saturday, December 02, 2006

I think I have a problem :)

Sold an old laptop, fixed a couple of computers, and ended-up with more money than I expected to. This all happened, unfortunately, just before I brought my defective copy of Skies Of Arcadia back for an exchange, and I left the store with a little more than my credit's worth :) I walked out with F-Zero X (N64), F-Zero (SNES), Tetris 2 (SNES), and... SUPER METROID!!! This is an exciting event. Tetris 2 is a fun head-to-head game, F-Zero is classic (but this cart looks to be sketchy; doesn't always work, battery's dead), and F-Zero X is a blast... But SUPER METROID!!! This is easily one of the best games for the SNES, easily one of the best games of the 16-bit era, arguably one of the best games Nintendo has ever made, and by far one of my favourite games ever! It becomes abundantly clear after even just the first ten minutes of gameplay that this one is something special. The attention to detail, the little touches that will immediately feel familiar to fans, the ambience, the narrative, and the fluidity of it all... Not bad for a two-dimensional platformer from 1994.

No comments: