Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Dear "The System"...

...You just got beat :)

I was out doing some "Boxing Week" shopping today, redeeming gift certificates and such, and I came across some pretty good XBOX 360 deals. I managed to snag a Platinum Hits version of Kameo for $20, and Enchanted Arms also for $20! I mean, $15 off for Kameo was pretty exciting, but $50 off for Enchanted Arms? Awww yeah.

Those deals, however, were nothing when compared to my coup de grace: D-Link's DWL-G730AP. For $59.99, you can pick-up a tiny portable router/access point meant for hotel rooms and remote offices. What I like most about it is that it has this really nifty third setting called "Client Mode" that is only mentioned in the fine print and the manual... "Client Mode" is apparently D-Link-speak for "fantastically cheap wireless bridge". It's kinda sad that a compact, USB- or wall-powered, multifunction device like this costs so little and is abundantly in stock when "game adapters", bridges, and larger multifunction access points ranging from $90 to $200 are sold-out across the board. Anyway, yeah, that's right, I saved $70 getting my XBOX 360 wireless. Eat it, Microsoft! You know where you can stick your overpriced USB WiFi adapter... Yeah... Right there.

Oh yeah, and I rocked Guitar Hero II while I was in Best Buy... I attracted a crowd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's your gamertag d00d?

HardReturn

seeya in the gears.