Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Shoppers and Lying Friends!

I was at Best Buy last night to pick up a surge protector and some compressed air, and two important things happened. First, I discovered that Best Buy is selling the PC versions of Max Payne and Max Payne 2 for $4.99 CDN and $9.99 CDN respectively. Both Max Payne games for $15? That's a deal. Second, I discovered that Best Buy apparently no longer sells compressed air (luckily, the Wal-Mart next door still did).

One other thing of interest happened while I was in Best Buy though; there was, surprisingly, this attractive female salesperson in the video games section who was helping out another girl and her mother. The customer was asking for a copy of the "World Of Warcraft expansion pack". I overheard and was already headed in their direction, so I mentioned that it hadn't been released yet as I walked by them. At this, the daughter turned towards me and angrily insisted that it was indeed available. Thinking that I had misheard their original conversation, I asked "The Burning Crusade?" and she said yes. I wasn't about to get into anything (she was much larger, and clearly angrier that I was), so I shrugged and turned to walk away. That's when she fired at me with "Then how come all of my friends I play with already have it!?" in an amazingly rude and sarcastic voice. I just said, "Okay," gave the cute salesperson a nod, and walked away. No, it hasn't been released yet; Blizzard is aiming for a January 2007 release.

Oh yeah, I took some time with their display PS3 on my way out. I believe I was playing the Motorstorm demo. It was very pretty.

No comments: