Thursday, April 30, 2009

Been stupidbusy...

Haven't had too much time for games, but here're a few things from the past week:

I think I'm coming up on the last bit of Metroid Prime 2 (six more Sky Temple keys to go), so that'll be nice to get out of the way. It really is a great game, but I'm definitely going with overwhelming on this one. I'm not sure what it is, but it just feels bigger and less streamlined than the first one; I'm gonna blame the light and dark world dynamic... I never did care much for those.

Card Fighter's Clash 2 has been fun, but I think I like the first one better. The sequel has a much more linear and cohesive story to it (drama, character development, plot twists), but I preferred the openness of the first game. What's really killing me about the second game are the reaction cards. Those things can frustrate to no end and draw battles out to the point of tedium. It's a clever evolution for the series and it adds all kinds of new strategy, but I don't think it's for me.

...And I broke down and bought a complete copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn. $250 CDN.

No comments: