Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Keeping busy...

In an effort to have one of each model of workstation in the organisation imaged and ready to deploy in case of failure, I gave up my pretty-sweet-for-an-office-computer Dell Vostro 200 (Core 2 Due E4500, 2GB of RAM, 320GB HDD) and adopted an odd-man-out Dell Latitude 131L (Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1GB RAM, 40GB HDD). Hoping to make the most out of this downgrade (plus I hate laptops), I decided to install the 64-bit edition of Windows Vista... No dice though; couldn't get past the "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD" screen. Decided to give Windows XP x64 a go, but it didn't seem to like the SATA controller. I downloaded the ATi drivers and manually extracted what seemed to be the SB600 64-bit Windows drivers, but then it turns out my only options are to slipstream them onto a Windows disc or find a USB floppy drive. Right, so I ended up testing how the 32-bit edition of Vista behaves on our domain. Aside from some issues with our antivirus software, all seems well.

I bought what I thought was an original Japanese Samurai Spirits Neo Geo MVS cartridge yesterday, but it turned out to be an original (and seemingly repaired) Japanese Shin Samurai Spirits Neo Geo MVS cartridge... I already have the North American release though :(

I also picked up a complete copy of Super Wing Commander for 3D0; haven't tried it yet.

Wondering what to do with my remaining 1000 Wii points, I looked into newer WiiWare releases. I narrowed it down to Bit.Trip: Beat, LIT, and Alein Crush Returns, but in the end, decided to go with none... I may just hang on to my points until LostWinds 2 :)

Making a little more progress with that last Virtual Boy I was trying to repair, but I may also have two more from the shop from which to draw parts... I'll keep you posted.

Over 50% of the cards found, and I'm still enraptured by Card Fighter's Clash... Can't wait to get going on the fan-translated NGPC sequel on my PSP ;)

No comments: