Sunday, April 05, 2009

Honestly, an epoxy?

I have four Virtual Boys at my place at the moment; I'm working on the fourth one (a Japanese model) for a local game shop. One display is glitchy, but the other is dim... I don't think any amount of baking and re-affixing ribbon cables is gonna fix that. The good news is that the problem only seems to be with the display, and those are pretty easy to replace if the shop can find a spare one (they have a few failing Virtual Boys).

I finally got around to checking out this game shop in the west end of downtown Toronto. They've apparently been there for eight years, but I only heard fo them a few months ago. They're not bad; a good selection with many systems represented, but the staff wasn't the most knowledgable (she tried to convince me that a stained cartridge with a peeling label and scratches was in "mint condition"), and the prices were a little high (about $10~$20 more than the really goos places). I did pick up Final Fantasy Adventure and Kid Icarus for Game Boy though.

Ooh, and I just ordered a Universe BIOS 3.0 EPROM! I have a 2.1 EPROM already (came with my MVS), but I'm gonna keep that one as a back up... And find an EPROM burner to play with :)

Finally, I now have five coins in Card Fighter's Clash, and I'm still having a blast. I don't really care about finding every card or arranging the perfect deck though. I'm just loving the strategy involved in the battles, as I've had some pretty epic matches so far.

No comments: