Friday, September 12, 2008

Shiny!

The new iPod Touch is just plan sexy... And I do not use that word lightly when it comes to technology because, really, regarding such things as being sexy is just plain weird ;)

Also, I've been using Google Chrome at work since it came out, and I love it. It's exactly what I want in a browser; basic, lightweight, and fast. I never use plug-ins or any other such add-ons in Firefox or Internet Explorer, and I appreciate effective use of on-screen real estate, so Chrome is right up my alley. The only issue I've run into so far was with FTP access, but that may have been the particular site's fault. I'm also aware of the public outcry regarding Chrome's EULA, but read sections 1, 8, and 11 carefully and you'll see that it 's not as bad as you might've heard.

I've recently worked on a friend's virus-laden Hyper-Threading Pentium 4 machine (they were just gonna buy a new one), a brand new iMac (they're very pretty, and so is Leopard), and a Windows computer with an obscene amount of hard drive partitions... I mean, really, what's wrong with two partitions (one for software and one for data) and a bunch of folders?

Work has seen me digging old machines from before my time there out of the warehouse, and repurposing them as workstations around the building; we had a good number of mid-range Pentium 4 boxes just collecting dust in there.

And what would an update be without mentioning me unhealthy obsession with video games? I snagged a copy of Landstalker for Genesis (good condition, in the box, but no book) for $10, a pirated copy of The Super Shinobi for Mega Drive (Rambo! Godzilla! The Hulk! Spider-Man! Batman!) for $5, Forza Motorsport 2 for 360 for $10, Spore, and Yakuza 2!!! Once I've got Metroid Prime out of the way (just a few more boss fights and artifacts to go), Yakuza 2 is a top priority :)

No comments: