Monday, September 29, 2008

He finally came through!

Got my copy of Alien Vs. Predator for Jaguar today; only cost me $20 :) The guy couldn't find Nightshade though :( I also bought a copy of NHL 94 for SEGA CD on an impulse ;)

I've spent a little bit of time with AvP already, and it's shaping up to be a solid FPS. Keeping in mind that this game came out less than a year after DOOM and almost two years before Quake, its impressive to see such dynamic gameplay and high-resolution sprites on any system, let alone a gaming console that hadn't even been out for a year. I don't get the feeling that its going to be a great game once I really get into it, but it'll definitely be a pretty unique experience to tackle the FPS genre under the Alien coccoon system and the Predators' honour system... I'll explain more once I've spent some quality time with each race.

No comments: