Sunday, September 21, 2008

Let's see if I can remember everything...

I got stuck late at work on Wednesday recovering an employee's e-mail box from a nightly backup, and when there's a 1.2GB Exchange mailbox involved, the recovery process can consist of a lot of waiting... So I went to grab something to drink and ended up stopping by a local independent game shop. That's where I saw an NES-101 in their display case. I ended up buying it (I've never owned an NES before) along with a gray Zapper and a Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cartridge. Since then, I've picked up Batman, Blaster Master, Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure, Little Nemo: The Dream Master, Mighty Final Fight, and Metroid. I remember having a much harder time with Batman when I was younger, and I also remember Little Nemo having much prettier graphics... Otherwise, I'm loving the whole experience. The only real downside is the existance of faint vertical lines on the screen, thanks to the NES-101's shittay RF modulator :\

Anyway, I've also picked up copies of Vigilante for TurboGrafx 16 (traded-in my Master System version), Virtual On and Brain Dead 13 for Saturn ($10 each; the latter is sealed; I love Brain Dead 13), a second Wavebird, and Vectorman 2 for Genesis. Oh, and I went back and got a $5 trade-in value for an NHL 97 Genesis cartridge (I don't think I even paid that much for it), and an additional $15 off the NHL 98/World Series Baseball '98 combo I mentioned three posts back; I didn't feel too bad spending $30 on those two.

I also bought a copy of Batman for Game Boy while I was out. I remembered owning this one back when it first came out, and thought I'd sold it to a friend years ago. Turns out I didn't sell it, so I suddenly had two copies... It was only $7 though, so I gave it to one of my brothers :)

I finally got around to testing a third-party (BEI) Dreamcast lightgun that I purchased used back in May, and it doesn't work. It took me so long to actually test it because my Dreamcast has been hooked up to my HDTV via s-video, and light guns don't work with HDTVs. It was when I set up my new Dreamcast VGA box that I remembered to dust off that lightgun. I wonder if they'll still do an exhcange at this point... P.S. Dreamcast games are pretty at 480p... Especially Dead Or Alive 2 LE.

One last thing: I finished Metroid Prime! So amazing! Dunno what to play next though... Yakuza 2? NiGHTS: Journey Of Dreams? The Darkness? Or should I just jump right into Metroid Prime 2?

No comments: