Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Adventures in HDTV...

Let me start from the start...

So Rogers makes the Speed channel digital-only, replacing it with two classic movie channels. Ugh. I call to research my options, and am told that I'll need to pay an extra $6.98 per month for basic digital service and hardware rental plus $9.99 per month to get the sports package that includes the Speed channel. After checking the website and seeing that the information did not match-up, I made another call. This time I was told that I didn't need any additional packages, just the digital service, and so I opted for the HD terminal when I placed the order online. Everything seemed to go well until I received an e-mail saying my account information was incorrect and that I had ordered a PVR. I just forwarded what I had already sent them (since I checked and it was indeed correct) and assured them that I had not ordered a PVR, and they were happy. They even gave me a reference number. Well, here we are, three business days later, and no delivery. I called-back to see what's up, and I was told that despite my reference number, Rogers had no record of any transactions on my account. I assured the support guy that he had been wonderfully helpful, and then I threatened to cancel my service before hanging-up.

This really shouldn't be that complicated, should it?

No comments: