Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Solder!

Loving Rock Band 2... That is all.

Okay, no, that isn't all, but it's definitely dominating my time spent gaming! I also downloaded The Colour And The Shape.

I did pick up the Limited Edition of Gears Of War 2 (open box, decent price, had some store credit to burn), but I won't be getting into that until I'm done with Metroid Prime 2.

I got a Game Gear with some games (Sonic 2, Jurassic Park, World Series Bsaseball, and Goerge Foreman's KO Boxing) and an official SEGA carrying case from a friend, but the capacitors are blown (so the screen is dark, audio is faint). It's sad because the system has been kept in pristine condition otherwise, but it's an opportunity for me to brush up on my soldering skills.

A local game shop recently ordered a Virtual Boy-compatible game bit screwdriver bit and hopes to recruit me into repairing their faulty Virtual Boys. I have the bit at the moment and I'm gonna work on my second system first and see how that goes... If I get both of mine functioning reliably, then I may trade one to a friend for a TurboExpress.

In computer news, I defragmented our e-mail store at work, and I cleaned out a spyware infection for the first time in a long time last night. It was a friend's Vista machine, and I found the offending DLLs in the startup list (which led me back to a specific user temp folder). I still couldn't run certain updates (Windows, Defender, antivirus) or visit certain web pages though, so I went digging through the registry and hosts files and the like... But I was overcomplicating things. It didn't occur to me until later to check the DNS settings for his network adapter, and sure enough, they'd been changed by the infection. All is well now.

I think that about covers things for now.

No comments: