Friday, September 28, 2007

Hyper!

Forgot to mention this earlier, but anyway, a friend called me this morning saying that I had to come over; that it was an emergency. I headed over as soon as I was free in the early afternoon to see what was up... Turns out he scored a revision 2 Hyper Neo Geo 64 arcade board and four games! He had it all hooked-up to his JAMMA cabinet, and while I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time there, Buriki-One is a really interesting fighting game (move back and forth with the A and B buttons; all attacks are performed with the joystick), Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition and Samurai Shodown 64 seemed like competent 3D translations of their 2D predecessors, and Samurai Shodown 64: Warriors Rage is a very stylish improvement over the first game. He got it all for ~$500... I'm very jealous.

In other news, my Microsoft software supplier contact got a replacement Office 2007 disc and product key shipped to me... But I think she shipped me the wrong one :\ The original order was for Office Enterprise 2007 (got the right disc, wrong product key), and the replacement sent is Office Professional Plus 2007. You can compare the differences here. While I don't actually use Groove or OneNote, it would be nice to get what I ordered...

No comments: