Saturday, September 08, 2007

Bloat!

I can't recall if I've mentioned this on here before, but why does iTunes install Apple Software Update even if, during the installation process, I explicitly indicate that I don't want to use Apple Software Update? Also, why does it install Apple Mobile Device Support when I don't have an iPhone? Hell, they're not even available in my country yet! I appreciate that they're easily removable, but I'd appreciate it even more if I could just opt-out of installing them altogether. Even if they were just passive programs, It'd bother me less because I could just not use them and all they'd do is take up some hard drive space, but they're both active services that take up hard drive space and (admittedly small amounts of) RAM! Grr.

I was sad to see Dark_AleX leave the PSP modification scene, especially since there had been a few official Sony firmware updates since his release of 3.40 OE. Thankfully, M33 Team has taken-up the reins. 3.52 M33-4 seems to work just fine, even on TA-082 hardware!

No comments: