Sunday, October 01, 2006

I Need A New XBOX

I wanted to start this season off right, so I did my research and checked-out what the sports companies have to offer in terms of hockey games this year (the last hockey game I played was NHL2003 on my PC). It looks like EA neutered all but the XBOX360 release of NHL07, and they're charging nearly twice the price of the competition on current-gen systems. Considering these two important factors along with the fact that 2K Games' offerings have been getting slightly higher reviews, the logical choice was (at a mere $20 CDN) NHL 2K7 for XBOX.

I've been having an absolute blast with it for the most part (I could live without the over-reliance on one-timers), but my Thomson-drive XBOX isn't cooperating with the disc. It's kind of annoying to have an awesome game and unlock some of the tougher acheivements just to have the game crash with a dirty disc error before it can save your progress... *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the 360 is pretty decent brent.

dead rising is the rox0rz.

and i'm finally playing legends ;)

Brent said...

I'm growing more fond of the 360 as it gets more interesting exclusive titles, but I'm in no rush with the current line-up of games I've yet to finish. Also, backwards compatibility on the 360 is far from complete or perfect. I'm thinking of giving the current XBOX to my little brother and hunting-down one with a Samsung drive for myself; $100 beats $500 :) Besides, Wii is probably my next purchase if they get the GameCube compatibility done right; otherwise, it's a GC for me next.