Saturday, October 03, 2009

So very, very stoked...

I sat down with the Brütal Legend, Forza Motorsport 3, and NHL 10 demos last night, and oh man...

NHL 10 seems pretty swell, but I think I need to spend a good few hours with it before I'm really comfortable with all of the control options. I didn't notice anything particularly game-changing over previous iterations though, and the Leafs haven't convinced to spend $60 this season... Yet :) I hear NHL 2K10 is is a much more comparable product this year, so I'll be giving that a shot as well.

Forza 3 is gorgeous, and it felt totally intuitive. I'm really tempted to pick this one up, even though I still have plenty left to do in Forza 2.

Brütal Legend though, oh man... It sucked me in immediately. The writing is the key, and it was spot-on hilarious right from the beginning. The graphics are better than I expected, and the gameplay, while a little too God Of War-esque for my liking, was varied enough to keep me riveted. I will buy this game upon its release next week.

No comments: