Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Trading Post

Traded the GameCube, accessories, and four games (no books) for a Nintendo 64, accessories, and RAM expansion... Why? So that I could give it back to the friend who gave me the GameCube. I had no use for a GameCube, and she'd mentioned wanting an N64 not too long ago, so it seemed like a nice thing to do. I threw in Donkey Kong 64 (she wanted it, I hate it) and Super Mario 64 (got it from another friend who thought it was broken; fixed it. I already have two copies). She's happy.

Traded the seven remaining SEGA CD games for Burnout Paradise and 1400 XBOX Live points (which promptly went toward the purchase of Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix). SSF2THDR quickly reminded me that I suck at SSF2T... But I'm getting better! I've unlocked the super finish, 15 second win, and beat arcade mode achievements, and I'm refining combos and strategies while tackling higher difficulty levels. I'm sticking with Ken for the time being, but I think I should rekindle my interest in Dee Jay some day.

Just as Raiden on Jaguar got me back into shoot 'em ups, SSF2THDR got me excited about XBOX Live Aracde and 2D fighting games again. I've recently spent some more time with Braid, Castle Crashers, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Prince Of Persia, and Pac-Man C.E. on XBLA (and I'm considering purchasing Space Giraffe), and I picked up a copy of Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO for XBOX, while also getting back into Street Figher Anniversary Collection on XBOX and Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 on Dreamcast. Oh, and I'm also prolly gonna pick up a copy of Street Fighter Collection for Saturn (SSF2, SSF2T, and Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold).

At work, I've recently created a SysPrep-modified image for the Dell Dimension 2400s we have all over the building... Formatting computers just got a lot easier around here :)

No comments: