Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hindsight

The more I think about it, the more I think I should've gone with the WRT310N... I made a mistake in my pre-purchase research and didn't realise that the 310 is the refresh of the 300 (while I guess the model numbers should've tipped me off, I don't really trust model numbers ;) ). Like I mentioned in my last post, I much prefer the physical design of the 300 (specifically, the antennae), and the two models are internally similar in many ways, but I guess I just can't help but feel like I should've gone with the newer product. Bleh.

Yeah, I'm pretty much just trying to justify a slightly mis-informed $100 purchase to myself... :)

Anyway, Crisis Core is really grabbing hold of me. I'm nearing the halfway point of the game, and aside from the random levelling system, I don't have any real complaints. The fragmented story and mission structure definitely lack the scope I've come to expect from a Final Fantasy game, but it's perfectly suited to playing on the go; this is the kind of game you can pick up and play for 20 minutes on the subway, or get comfy and spend a few hours with at home.

No comments: