Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Silver linings...

Luigi's Mansion is a little short, but oh so sweet! In all seriousness, one of the best games I've played in a long time. Super Mario Sunshine is next, and anything else on any platform is on hold.

Replaced that sketchy drive in the RAID array at work. 68-pin Ultra320 SCSI drives are getting harder to find around here... It's all SAS these days.

Still can't figure out what's wrong with my main computer. Changed the CMOS battery, disabled my motherboard's integrated sound hardware (which had been enabled around the same time things started acting funny), tried bypassing Vista (to see if it was something caused at shutdown), tried different ACPI settings... Still no luck. I'm gonna try scaling the CPU back to stock speeds, different RAM, and a different hard drive. If none of that does the trick, then fuck it. Salvage what I can, sell the rest, and build myself a nice 64-bit quad-core setup ;)

No comments: