Wednesday, May 21, 2008

AdSense thinks I'm gay?

I just added a Google AdSense box over in the right column of this page (for testing purposes; I don't expect to make any money from this site), and while previewing the changes, there were all kinds of ads for gay bloggers and gay dating sites... I don't remember writing anything like that here, but then who am I to question the power of Google's omnipresence. Perhaps it's a little joke the Blogger people like to play on bloggers previewing their sites, or maybe they were pre-emptive ads meant to make me post something like this ;)

Anyway, the bad video card theory fizzled, as my old GeForce 6800 yielded the same results. I scaled the CPU back down to stock speeds (2.4GHz @ 533MHz FSB from 3.6GHz @ 800MHz FSB), and things seem peachy again, but that's a preformance sacrifice I'm not prepared to make... Especially since it also scales the RAM back to DDR333 speeds. What happens if I find a replacement CPU that runs on an 800MHz FSB stock and the RAM starts acting up again at DDR400? I could start swapping parts and build-up around my Athlon XP 3200+, but that raises the question of nForce2 support in Vista... *sigh*

P.S. The FireWire Solo doesn't like S3 in Windows XP either.

No comments: