Friday, April 11, 2008

Expansion Module #1!

I walked into a local game shop on my way home from work today, and noticed a cardboard box by the front door with an Intellivision, an Atari 7800, and a ColecoVision with the Expansion Module #1 in it. These boxes are usually reserved for crappy Game Boy accessories and 16-bit sports games, so I was a little surprised to see those systems piled in there too. I was mostly curious about the ColecoVision Expansion Module #1, as I'd never seen one before (though I have seen Expansion Module #2) and because it allows you to play Atari 2600 games on your ColecoVision. I gathered up the parts (it also included a power adapter and two controllers) and brought them to the counter where the clerk told me that they were broken, and $1 each. I figured I might be able to use the main console for parts (I already have a ColecoVision), and just show off the Expansion Module #1... Or maybe I'd be able to get them working. Well, I didn't have to do much to get both parts working flawlessly, so I've been playing the likes of Venture, Donkey Kong, and Keystone Kapers all night! Probably the best $2 I've ever spent :)

No comments: