Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Asinine!

So Project: Snowblind is officially relegated to the back of the line. Interesting game, but it just wasn't doing it for me and the floaty mouse controls didn't help either. I've moved-on to F.E.A.R. Extraction Point, and, well, it's more of the same things that F.E.A.R. offered only not as tight in the presentation. That's not a terrible thing, but does leave something to be desired... It's still fun, so it'll do for now. I've polished-off episodes 1 and 2 of the new Sam & Max games, and I dug out my old copy of Sam & Max Hit The Road because I had so much fun! Yes, they're short and a little easy, but they're funny as hell and still challenging enough to keep you entertained for an hour or two.

On the consoles, God Of War is in full-swing, and I'm loving it. I'm almost finished, but that just means I get to Resident Evil 4 sooner :) I've reinstated the PS2 as my second progressive scan device (XBOX 360 is number one, and the original XBOX has been bumped down to s-video) because of my console gaming schedule. Speaking of progressive scan devices, my brother got back to me, and Microsoft is indeed sending me the XBOX 360 HD-DVD drive! That includes the remote and an HD-DVD copy of Peter Jackson's King Kong! I'm excited. Ooh, one more thing while I'm on the subject: The trial month of my XBOX Live Gold membership has lapsed. Don't worry, I'll be back in a couple of days, but I did notice that I have to wait a few days before being able to download the new Crackdown demo as a Silver member... Jerks.

Okay, so, Windows Vista is out. Whoop-dee-doo! I'm in no rush to pick it up (Debian 4.0 is fantastic), but I'm sure I will eventually. Anyway, after reading this, I'm just angry. Yeah, installing an upgrade copy of Vista Home Premium or below requires an installation of a previous version of Windows to be on the computer! Seriously, what the fuck!? That's just asinine, and asking for a whole hell of a lot of avoidable support calls. Ugh. So I will now definitely be avoiding any version of Vista below Business. I think that whenever I get around to upgrading my system (something multi-core, 64-bit), I'll just grab an OEM copy of Business and be done with it. What a headache.

No comments: