Sunday, January 07, 2007

Not too much to report...

Found me a free copy of The Legend Of Zelda Collector's Edition for GameCube; that was pretty cool, albeit slightly frustrating after hunting-down and paying for the N64 originals and GBA ports of all four games included on the disc. Then again, I still don't have a GameCube or a Wii, so whatever... I also picked-up Myst: Uru: Complete Chronicles for $10. I've only played the original single-player game in the package and it was amazing, so this was a nice addition to my collection. I haven't had much time to sit down and actually play many of my games though, so the 'to play' pile just keeps growing. I have made some progress in Oracle Of Seasons (see right), I'm into the third chapter of Gears Of War playing on "Hardcore", and I've pretty much finished Guitar Hero II on Hard, but it's slow-going.

I delivered that 667MHz Celeron system yesterday, performed a clean install on an Acer laptop, and replaced the hard drive on a Dell laptop. The frustrating thing with the Acer laptop was the wireless driver; Acer posts drivers for for two models (TravelMate 3630 and 2420, if I recall correctly) on the same page... The problem is that the wireless drivers they provide are for Atheros and Broadcomm devices. The TravelMate I was working on (2420 series) used an Intel wireless chipset. Similarly, the Dell Inspiron 8600 I was working on potentially used something like four different GPUs, ten different wireless chipsets, and four different modems... As much as I enjoy deciphering vendor and device IDs from the device manager, they really should make the process a little easier for those who may not have original documentation and refuse to use manufacturer's restore CDs :)

No comments: