Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Not Fun.

Sonic Advance 2 is reminding me why I loathe bottomless pits. To be more specific, I've discovered parts of the Sky Canyon zone, in both acts, that consistently launch the player at bottomless pits. Both seem like sloppy level design, as one apparently offers no alternative path or means of retreat once you approach it, and the other could've been resolved if a platform had been moved just a few pixels to the right. Not fun, especially considering that you only get three lives to complete both acts and the boss encounter.

Also not fun is noticing that my copy of Dracula X for my PCE CD appears to have been resurfaced. The shop has another copy, and is allowing me to swap for it. Even worse is discovering that the controller for my PCE Duo-R is malfunctioning! Upon closer inspection, something had been spilled on it, it has been opened but not fully cleaned, and two of the screw wells were stripped in the process! Again, the shop has offered to swap it for anther, but they only have PCE, Core Grafx, Duo, and Avenue Pad 6 controllers in stock... No Duo-R controllers! That's whack!

No comments: