Friday, June 27, 2008

Italians

I couldn't sleep last night, so I finished Super Mario Sunshine. It was great. The final battle was kind of easy, but then so were all of the major battles. There were some pretty frustrating parts towards the end (like navigating that damned boat in Corona Mountain, and The Goopy Inferno episode in Pianta Village), so I wasn't too disappointed that the parts surrounding them were only mildly challenging :) I remember there being a general sense of disappointment when this game first came out, something about gimmicky (nozzles) hippie (cleaning graffiti) crap... But it really is a fantastic game, and a worthy successor to Super Mario 64 (they're almost identical in terms of their core gameplay).

Anyway, I'm now on to Wario World, and I hafta say I'm kinda disappointed. I've been disappointed with just about every Wario game since Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (save for the first WarioWare), but this one is a real departure from the original portable series. It's essentially a simplistic side-scrolling brawler with hints of exploration and puzzle solving. I've only completed the first section of the first area, but I think I've got a pretty good sense of where they're going with this. It's fun, but it doesn't look or feel particularly polished; definitely not in the way that Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine are. Apparently it's quite short though, so that means I'll be able to get to Metroid Prime sooner :)

I like Firefox 3. I hear Opera 9.5 is quite good as well, but I've never been a big fan of the interface.

I learned a lot more about Xerox multifunction printers and managing them over a network than I ever expected to at work this week. Up next is consolidating our servers (decommissioning the old one) and internalizing our MX record.

No comments: