Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Sweeet...

The other day, on the side of the road, covered in snow, I found an HP LaserJet 4MV with a toner cartridge, a JetDirect card, and 20MB of RAM installed... Works like a charm :) For what it's worth, the self test page count is 229061.

Otherwise, I've been playing some more NHL08 and TimeShift. I'm still not digging the strictness of the offside calls in NHL08, and I'm almost certain that there's some rubber-band gameplay employed; I've seen too many unlikely goals (like three in a row) at fantastically opportune moments. I know this stuff happens in real life too, but the regularity of it in a hard season in NHL08 really detracts from the experience for me; it's just not fun when the difficulty levels essentially consist of "blow out for your team", "closer games, but you still always win", and "the other team will beat you by one goal due to highly unlikely comebacks". Oh, and TimeShift has gotten really boring... I'm only about a third of the way through.

No comments: