Friday, January 25, 2008

Progress!

Kane and Lynch is now out of the way... While I enjoyed the first half of the game more so than the final half, it was a pretty solid experience all around. I covered most of the qualities of the game in my previous post, and things seem to remain consistent throughout in those departments. I did find that tactical positioning, weapon choice, and ordering crew members around can really enrich the experience, but people who prefer to run 'n gun through the game will manage as well, albeit with a few more retries ;) What I really liked by the end was the engaging, morally charged story; no fairytale endings here. Really, with fantastic graphics, varied locales, quality acting, open ended gameplay, and a challenging story, I don't see why so many people are putting the game down. I had a great time with it... Maybe the console controls really are that painful, but the Windows version does not deserve the drubbing it got from a lot of critics.

Anyway, I'm now on to Sam and Max: Season 2, Episode 1 - Ice Station Santa and Episode 2 - Moai Better Blues. That leaves me with Call Of Duty 4, Lost Planet, and Overlord to finish on the PC front; it's nice to be making progress there... Of course, after those three, I still hope to play through Indigo Prophecy, Riven, Myst IV & V, Outcast, Jade Empire, Fallout 1 & 2, Planescape Torment, and all three Thief games... Yeah :)

No comments: