Monday, December 17, 2007

"I gotta believe!"

I finally found a copy of PaRappa The Rapper for PSOne! It set me back $20, but I didn't even look at the price before I said I'd take it :) I also grabbed a copy of The King Of Fighters XI, since it's the first 2D KoF game that I can't get for MVS. KoF XI originally ran on Atomiswave hardware, which is based on SEGA's NAOMI hardware, which is based on SEGA's Dreamcast hardware... So I think it's kind of odd that I can only get it for my PS2... But whatever, it feels like a pretty solid entry into the franchise as far as I've played, and at $20 new, fans will not be disappointed. In related news, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, another Atomiswave to PS2 port, comes out this week! It's nice to see that 2D sprite based fighting games are still seeing some support :)

Moving on, I'm happy to report that I finally played a Wii yesterday. Yeah, I'd yet to do more than hold a Wiimote (and not use it) until yesterday, and it seems as though I have indeed been missing out on some good times. I wasn't wowed so far as to run out and search for system (I saw two at an EBGames a week or so ago), but I did have a lot of fun. I created a Mii, browsed the web, played every Wii Sports game, a few Wii Play games, and Excite Truck. I know, I didn't get into the blockbusters like Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, or Super Mario Galaxy, but there's still plenty of time for that. From what I did play, I can see that the Wii offers a really solid and intuitive experience. I didn't think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I can definitely see a Wii in my collection before too long.

Finally, I started a season on the hard difficulty level in NHL08... And inadvertently overwrote my previous season in the process. The first game was a 5-4 loss to Ottawa, which is a little more true to life (here in reality, Ottawa won 4-3 in OT). I'm sure you're all sure that I'll keep you updated on how things progress ;)

No comments: