Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tender!

I finished the Oracle games! Both Oracle Of Ages and Oracle Of Seasons were top-notch titles, and the linking features really tied the whole experience together nicely. The weapon, item, and ring transfers weren't tedious, and the way they handled the plot cross-over was clever. The final battle, only available after completing both cartridges, really made it all worth it. I definitely recommend giving these ones a go.

So now I'm on to the The Minish Cap, and it is spectacular. It features gorgeous graphics, classic gameplay with a few new twists, and some familiar touches from previous Zelda games in the sound and music. What really grabbed my attention, however, were the new interpretations of some of the traditional aspects of the franchise. From redesigned (yet still familiar) enemies to Link's hat, there's a lot to rediscover here, and it's definitely welcome as it breathes new life into the series. Oh, and I really like the way they handle the mine carts in this one :) The only complaint I have so far is that it seems as though this adventure is going to be a little short... I'm already nearing the half-way point of the game, and I just started playing it this morning :\ I'll keep you posted.

No comments: