Thursday, April 04, 2013

Do The Mario!

It occurred to me that the last Mario game I played through was... Super Mario Sunshine in 2008!? I simply haven't gotten around to the New Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario Galaxy series, nor had I continued with the Mario & Luigi or Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, and I never even touched the Paper Mario series.

Well, I recently took advantage of $129 in gift cards, $70 in free promotional stuff, and two $10-off sales to get a red 3DS XL, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Super Mario 3D Land, and New Super Mario Bros. 2; that's $320 worth of stuff for $141 :) Then, having never owned a DS or DSi, I started picking-up everything I'd missed... Here's the collection so far:

3DS
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Shinobi
  • Super Mario 3D Land

DS
  • Aliens: Infestation
  • Kirby: Canvas Curse
  • Kirby Mass Attack
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra
  • KORG DS-10 Plus
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  • Metroid Prime: Hunters
  • New Super Mario Bros. (black clamshell)
  • SNK vs. Capcom: CardFighters DS
  • Sonic Rush
  • Starfox Assault
  • WarioWare Touched!
  • The World Ends With You

I had someone snag a copy of Okamiden literally out from under my nose before I could buy it, and I'm waffling on Bangai-O Spirits, Contra 4, the two Mario & Luigi games, the two Mario vs. Donkey Kong games, Moon, the two Yoshi games, Wario: Master Of Disguise, and WarioWare DIY.

Anyway, Mario games! Dark Moon is incredible, NSMB is a little rough when blown-up on the 3DS but still great fun, NSMB2 is simply better than the first one (so far), and while 3D Land feels kinda bite-sized it's still pretty awesome. Seriously, nothing wrong with any of these titles; classic gameplay and character; they just feel good, and I shouldn't let myself go without for so long again :)

No comments: