Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Jon crashes.

About half-way through Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, New Super Mario Bros., and Super Mario 3D Land, and they're all stellar! NSMB is the weakest of the bunch, if only because of it's difficulty... I appreciate the challenge, but I would've placed a few checkpoints and secrets in less sadistic locations if I'd designed the  game. 3D Land is classic Mario platforming and exploration with some great new twists, but it all feels a little disjointed from level to level; not much in the way of the cohesive themes like other Mario games tend to have. Dark Moon is impeccable... Seriously, it's incredibly good. A rich world to explore, full of character and action; it's the kind of game I live for.

I also took some time to try SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters DS. The first Card Fighters game is still one of my favourite games of all time; the second is good, but the new mechanics made battles drag-on way longer than was fun; the third one... Ergh. It should be fun, but there's so much shit going on! honestly, I would've been happy with the first game's mechanics garnished with updated rosters and graphics, and a new story. I'll get back to it once this Mario business is wrapped-up, but I'm not exactly as eager as I first was.

Finally, snagged a complete Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! Collector's Edition for 3DS :)

No comments: