Friday, May 22, 2009

Still Busy

Why does Internet Explorer 8 in the 32-bit version of Windows Vista break Pro Tools 7.4? :( Perhaps I'll just upgrade to Pro Tools 8 whenever I get around to building a quad-core system with 6GB of RAM and the 64-bit version of Vista.

I finished the main story of Wario Land II, only to discover that I'd only completed 50% of the game! There're some serious secret areas! I'll check them out eventually, but in the meantime, I started up Wario Land 3... And I'm stuck about five levels in. This one's a pretty distinct change from its predecessors in terms of gameplay, focusing more on treasure hunting via backtracking after acquiring new abilities. I like it... But I also think that Virtual Boy Wario Land is still the way to go.

My SkunkBoard arrived, but I haven't had a chance to do much with it yet. I also learned of a new, more permanent way to repair Virtual Boys that involves NaOH and soldering. I've got a few more things to take care of before I bursh-up on my soldering skills and start researching how to program effective 2D game engines on exotic hardware though :\

No comments: