Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"64-bit"

New acquisitions: Sonic Advance 3 (GBA, can't remember if I ever finished the second one, so I'm starting the whole series over), The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (XBOX, surprisingly hard to find! I only ever came across two PS2 copies and this one for XBOX), an Atari Jaguar and Cybermorph (they also had Checkered Flag, but that was awful, and Trevor McFur and DooM were just too expensive), and a SEGA CDX (that actually had the CDX power adapter, and they threw in a European 6-button Mega Drive controller).

I'm hoping to pick up Sonic Blast for Game Gear and a second AES joystick for my Neo Geo (I'll be trading-in my Neo Geo CD stick) later today. Oh, and I almost picked up copies of Shinobi II and Tails Adventure for Game Gear, but they were a touch too pricey.

So Dark Sector has really sucked me in. It's not a great game, and there are some really glaring issues, but it's pretty decent as a whole package. I'm already on the second-last chapter, and intend to write more once I'm finished. I've also taken the time to sit down and get somewhere with Call Of Duty 4. I've probably said this before, but it's slick, and I like it. I also finished Crush. Wonderfully unique game with plenty of replay value, that everyone should try. I needed help with three or four of the 40 levels, but it's not as hair-pullingly frustrating as I heard it was. The ending is a little weak, but then it's not exactly a game one plays for the plot.

No comments: