Friday, July 11, 2008

I guess I should also mention...

I got to play a Vectrex for the first time at a party last week! I kinda want one now :) I played Berzerk, Space Wars, Spike, and Star Trek. Spike stood out the most, with it's pseudo-3D graphics and voice synthesis, but it's awfully repetitive. I hear they're going for upwards of $150 on eBay, so I'm in no rush to run out and grab one, but I'll definitely keep an eye out.

I also picked up the first two seasons of the late-'80s/early-'90s cartoon Captain N: The Game Master. It was one of my favourite shows when I was younger, and I remember having a hard time figuring out exactly when it was on... Perhaps it got bounced from one time slot to another here in Canada, or maybe I just had a hard time waking up on Saturday mornings :) Anyway, I'm almost through the first season, and it's pretty terrible; the nostalgia value is great though, so it's still fun.

Finally, I picked up one of these. I'm not exactly sure why... I mean, yeah, it enables me to play a bunch of awesome ports of great Neo Geo and CPS-2 games on my Saturn, but then I could just play them on my Neo Geo or an emulator. Well, I guess there's always Final Fight Revenge... *shudder*

No comments: