Tuesday, February 19, 2008

How allusive...

The vast majority of my time gaming over the past little while has been spent with NHL 08 and Adam Foster's two Half-Life mods, Someplace Else and MINERVA: Metastasis. While neither mod is particularly long, they are reasonably challenging and entertaining as they expand upon the Half-Life universe. Also, while I personally only fleetingly paid any mind to the unique level design, I later learned that both mods employ specifically efficient and unconventional (in such games) design philosophies. Definitely worth checking out. I've also just started working my way through City 7: Toronto Conflict V1... It's not as tight as Adam Foster's work, but then it is a decidedly different kind of mod project.

Anyway, I performed my first kernel upgrade in Slackware the other day... Went pretty smoothly; reconfiguring LILO and nVidia's drivers was the worst of it. I'm now looking at tackling Sabayon (huge download) or Gentoo (just plain intimidating) as my next project. Oh, and I've reverted back to 'stable' releases of Debian for my laptop after some tricky WiFi issues with the latest 'testing' releases.

No comments: