Monday, July 09, 2007

Well, shit...

Windows XP seems to have died on my main machine, and I'm not sure I want to activate Vista on the second hard drive... A repair installation of XP didn't work, so my current plan is to grab a Linux distro and back-up my data that way; seems like a good excuse to try something new. I was thinking of going with Ubuntu 7.04, as it has been a while since I've installed Ubunutu. I guess I could go with another big one like Fedora, openSUSE, Mandriva, or whatever, but they're not really grabbing my attention. Gentoo might be interesting, but I'm not in the mood for that kind of potential frustration right now :) Perhaps I should look into PC-BSD... Anyway, the data seems to be intact, so I'm happy.

I also noticed some cheap 1GB sticks of DDR400 (various brands) at some local stores the other day (~$55 each), but they were all sold-out when I got there today. The cheapest they had was a 2GB OCZ dual channel kit for $149.99. I ended-up ordering two 1GB sticks of Crucial RAM online for $54.99 each; we'll see if they actually have them in stock or not :\

I finished Black (on my XBOX 360) this morning. I enjoyed the game quite a bit, and certainly recommend picking it up, especially since it can now be found for as little as $9.99 used. It's not the longest game, the story isn't particularly important, the AI isn't the brightest, and there's no multiplayer, but it's still great fun and worth a couple of plays through. Next up is Grabbed By The Ghoulies...

No comments: