Thursday, November 16, 2006

Fucking Grrr...

Looks like the problem is with my SNES. I talked to the guy from the shop who tested my Starfox cartridge, and he had no problems with it. Upon closer inspection, after getting home, one of the connectors in my system is missing. The upside is that it's one of the connectors for the extra set of leads used only by cartridges that employ enhancement chips, so most games will work just fine. The downside is that this means I potentially can't play titles such as Starfox, Yoshi's Island, Pilotwings, Super Mario Kart, Star Ocean, Mega Man X2 and X3, Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dreamland 3, and Super Mario RPG! I'm not sure which of these cartridges use the extra leads, but they all use enhancement chips, so they're potentially unplayable! Gah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything with an FX2 chip (I think they always put FX2 on the label somewhere on the cartridge) uses those leads.

Not sure why I know that, but I'm almost positive.

Brent said...

Yup, Super FX games (Starfox) use them for sure, so I'd imagine that Super FX 2 (Yoshi's Island, Stunt Race FX) use them as well.

There were other add-on chips such as the SA-1, C4, and DSP-x that may have used them as well, but I'm not 100% sure.