Friday, November 24, 2006

Burgers and a View

I walked into a Burger King on my way home yesterday and bought three XBOX/XBOX 360 games; no food though. $12.99 + tax later (or $4.99 + tax each), I had copies of Sneak King, PocketBike Racer, and Big Bumpin'. Yeah, Burger King is currently offering cheap XBOX games with the purchase of a value meal. Here's the crazy thing: These games are actually a lot of fun! Sneak King is sort of a stealth action game where players must achieve specific goals that involve sneaking-up on hungry people as that freaky Burger King mascot and giving them food. PocketBike Racer (featuring Brooke Burke) is Mario Kart-esque title that is surprisingly deep, very solid, and a hell of a lot of fun to play. Finally Big Bumpin' is a really creative bumper car game that offers a number of different gameplay styles and challenges. If you have an XBOX or an XBOX 360 the games are definitely worth your time and money.

Also, I'm glad to finally see something like this. It's nice to see a succinct chart that tells me everything I need to know about the different versions of Windows Vista. No longer do I have to trudge through the marketing speak on Microsoft's site, or the over-analytical bullshit on all the other tech sites. From the looks of things, anything under Home Premium is kinda pointless from anything other than a compatibility standpoint, and Business looks to be the best value (especially considering this little tidbit of information). I may have access to a copy of Enterprise in the near future, but that may also include an Ultimate license, so I guess we'll wait and see. I figure I'll be upgrading by summer, at the latest.

No comments: