Monday, August 05, 2024

It got confused...

The left stick on my DualSense started to drift left after just over a year of light use; tried a few things to clean it out, but not rushing to disassemble it... And then my partner got me a PS5 Slim (with a Disc Drive) for my birthday, so that helped :) Hooked it up to my AW2721D, set it to 1440p/120Hz/HDR, started ASTRO's Playroom, grabbed the free Matrix and Silent Hill games, downloaded my compatible PS3 games, popped-in a Blu-ray movie - everything was going great, but then video and audio started cutting in and out with horrifying flickers and pops once I exited the movie. Had to navigate through the flickering to change the resolution setting to anything but "Automatic", and that fixed it. Not fun. Anyway...

  • ASTRO's Playroom - Fantastic tech demo and pack-in; best exclusive on the console to date, and the follow-up looks like it's going to give Super Mario Odyssey a run for its money.
  • The Matrix Awakens - Really impressive.
  • Flower - Better than ever!
  • OlliOlli - Works well on the big screen.
  • Silent Hill: The Short Message - Haven't really dug-in yet, but hey, it's free.
  • Sound Shapes - Sad that the servers are gone, but really glad this still exists.
  • The Unfinished Swan - Didn't finish it on PS3 or Vita... Third time's the charm?
Otherwise, restarted Kirby & the Amazing Mirror - still kind of overwhelming, but I feel like I have a better handle on it this time. Also finally played through the Cryptmaster demo and I'm into it; plus you can fart, so that's neat. Lastly, I missed the last few sales on Disney's Illusion Island and had been waiting for another, but it looks like it might've gone out of print(?) so I grabbed a copy.

No comments: