Monday, August 19, 2024

Classic

DOOM + DOOM II is a welcome update. Legacy of Rust is epic, though the default music is kinda bad. Voxel Doom II w/ Parallax Textures is still the way to go though... And Doom Resurrection may be my second favourite :) Also, curious to see what Randy Linden's come-up with for the latest DOOM SNES next year.

Silent Hill: The Short Message was fine; didn't do anything groundbreaking as far as I could tell, but was suitably creepy.

Demon's Souls (PS5) is pretty. I still don't get it. Was only $20 though.

Borrowed my brother's 1TB Xbox One S to finally play Halo 5, and once I logged-in to it I was reminded that I owned Killer Instinct Classic & Killer Instinct 2 Classic; never got to play them before, so that was neat. Also, two hours to install Halo 5 from disc and update over a 100Mbps Internet connection... Only to find-out I never played Spartan Ops and have no idea what's going on, so finally installing The Master Chief Collection. Also, I'm gonna buy Crimson Dragon; always wanted to try that one.

Oh, and found a complete copy of Legend of Mana that wasn't ridiculously expensive! Not interested in the remaster; don't like the new backgrounds at all.

Speaking of remasters, still kinda miffed about The Last of Us Part II, Persona 5 Royal, and now Until Dawn - but thankfully one is a $10 upgrade, one is effectively just a framerate boost, and one is such an overhaul that I'm kinda happy sticking to the original vision.

No comments: