Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wrong Address

I bought a SEGA lot off craigslist last week. The guy gave me the wrong address and didn't provide a phone number, but that's another story...

I picked-up a model 2 SEGA CD with all three (yes, three) EMF shields and the extender for model 1 Genesises, two non-TMSS "High Definition Graphics" model 1 Genesises (that's the very first release; there were at least seven different model 1 Genesis releases), two model 1 Genesis power adapters, two six-button controllers (one first-party, one third-party), a blue Konami Justifier lightgun, 18 Genesis games, 18 SEGA CD games, some empty cases, a Nintendo R/F switch, and a coat hanger for $70. Judging by eBay prices, the lot was worth $300+ :)

I kept the SEGA CD, the EMF shields, one of the power adapters, the Justifier, and the first-party six-button controller; Android Assault, Rise Of The Dragon (box release in a jewel case), and Robo-Aleste for SEGA CD; Eternal Champions and Shadowrun for Genesis, and a bunch of the SEGA CD jewel cases... And sold the rest for $100. I'm pretty happy that I essentially got paid $30 to keep a few hundred dollars worth of stuff :)

I also picked-up official SEGA CD and Saturn back-up cartridges, and am holding-off on Alan Wake until I get through some more of this gaming backlog.

Oh, and I finished Hero 3 in Half-Minute Hero and am about half-way through Tomb Raider: Underworld.

No comments: