Thursday, November 19, 2009

7

The new workstation at work only came with the 32-bit version of Windows 7 Professional, but my 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate disc arrived the other day, so I tried to install the latter using the product key from the former... No dice; SKUs don't match :(

I did get Windows 7 Ultimate installed on my trusty old Athlon XP 3200+ machine though, and it runs wonderfully :) There were only two issues, one was easily solved (had to manually set the WLAN service to "automatic"), and the other involves patience (Pro Tools 7.4 doesn't work with Windows 7). Because of the Pro Tools issue, I'm strongly considering going back to Vista for the time being.

My time with Windows 7, on the whole, has been swell. In terms of superficial everyday use, it's Vista with a streamlined taskbar (sporting some nifty new features) and a few different settings windows, and that's just fine with me.

No comments: