Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Echoes

I came across an old Dell with a Pentium 4 2.8B (2.8GHz, 533MHz FSB), so I swapped that CPU with my 2.53GHz part and gave the Dell a new home with a friend. Personally, I'm impressed that I've been able to get by on 2002/2003 tech for this long! It wasn't until Assassin's Creed hit Windows that I found my self having to drop graphics settings down to truly ugly levels just to get things running smoothly.

Anyway, continuing from my last post, R-Type Dimensions is sweet! I especially like the "crazy" camera angle. Additionally, I'm about half-way through Metroid Prime 2 now.

Moving on, I recently picked up a second copy of Wolfenstein 3d and a copy of Game Guru for 3D0, a second (boxed) copy of Raiden for Jaguar, House Of The Dead 1 & 2 Return for Wii for $15, and a new-in-box Nintendo e-Reader for $15. I'm planning on trading my first copy of Wolfenstein 3d, my loose copy of Raiden, the e-Reader, and my manual-less copy of Bug Too! for Saturn for complete copies of Bug Too! and Clockwork Knight 2 for Saturn as well as a boxed copy of Zoop for Jaguar. I'm expecting at least $60 on the trade-in (which is about what I paid for it all in the first place), so it's all gravy.

No comments: