Saturday, February 07, 2009

Demos

The F.E.A.R. 2 demo is amazing. I'm a big fan of Monolith, I loved the first game, and even slogged through both mediocre expansion packs, so this slick and dynamic update to the original is a wonderful treat. Forget everything else; this is the action title that has me excited more than any other right now.

Legendary, like Fracture, Dark Sector, and TimeShift, is a solid action title that relies on an interesting gimmick that doesn't really carry the game beyond the bargain bin. I really like the setting, so I'm sure I'll play the full version at some point...

Resident Evil 5 is pretty good. It looks like a nice update to Resident Evil 4, but then I haven't been able to really get into a Resident Evil games since Resident Evil 2 Platinum on Windows. I had fun with this new demo, but much like its predecessors (and Dead Space), I just don't see myself spending much time with Resident Evil 5.

Skate 2 felt like Skate, but then I haven't spent much time with either, so I'm just gonna hold off the sequel until I've finished the first one.

I'm currently downloading the R-Type Dimensions demo; this one has me excited out of pure nostalgic goodness, especially since I picked up the original for TurboGrafx 16 not too long ago.

I can't try Halo Wars yet since I only have a silver account on XBLA, but I've been meaning to finish StarCraft and WarCraft III for years now, so I won't be losing sleep over putting off Halo Wars.

No comments: