Thursday, November 20, 2008

I scored an official Dreamcast Arcade Stick for $40 over the weekend, and a free GameCube (with four games and a memory card) last night. The arcade stick overwrote my Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 saved data and the start button didn't work, but it was an easy fix (removed the bottom panel, repositioned the switches) and all works well now. I plan on trading-in the GameCube stuff on account of the Wii's backwards compatibilty, but it's still a pretty sweet deal :) I also happened across both parts of the PC Engine version of R-Type (the North American and European versions have all eight levels on one card, but the Japanese release is split over two), but they were each in two different bundles at two different stores that didn't want to sell them individually... I've got a word in with each shop owner and I should hear back from them this evening.

Moving on, did you know that BlackBerrys apparently delete things like old calendar data, text messages, etc... if they're running low on space? Did you know that Windows XP SP3 breaks Microsoft's own Remote Web Workplace, and if you've installed Windows with a disc that has SP3 slipstreamed into it, the usual workarounds don't work? How about the fact that if your VPN server and client both use the same IP address range for internal addresses (e.g. 192.158.1.x) that the VPN will effectively be broken? These are all things that I've learned over the past few days. I'd tell you more, but one of our servers' hard drives just died and it's not part of a RAID array.

To be continued...

No comments: