Monday, November 10, 2008

Decisions, decisions...

I picked up Boogerman and Cyborg Justice (Genesis), Shinobi Legions (Saturn), and a Game Gear battery pack last week. The battery pack wouldn't hold a charge (damned NiCad batteries), which sucks because I'd really like to be able to take my Nomad on the subway with me. Finding a proper NiMH battery pack would be ideal, but is proving to be a challenge. I'm able to return the battery pack though, so I'm thinking of putting that credit toward the PC Engine version of Shinobi... But then I'd need a PC Engine. Maybe I'll just grab R-Type for TurboGrafx 16 instead.

I'm hesitant to spend the $25 on that PCI SATA controller I menioned a few posts back, so I'm gonna go with an IDE hard drive first. If that works, then perhaps I'll just stick with IDE. If the problem still exists, however, then it's back to Windows XP. If that doesn't do it, then the Athlon XP comes back.

Oh, and I've successfully migrated our e-mail server at work from an external POP3 connector over our DSL connection into a full-fledged internal SMTP server on its own T1 line, which is totally sweet ;) Now I'm looking into setting up a "catchall" account for non-existant addresses on our domain, but that's looking like it'll involve a bunch of VBScript work and I hate coding... Which is weird because I'm not all that bad at it.

No comments: