Monday, March 24, 2008

Of Sickness And Service Packs

I got sick last week... Like, debilitating, bed-ridden, sweating, hallucinating, sleepless nights sick. I missed a week of work, a show that my band was booked to play downtown, and the release of Windows Vista Service Pack 1.

Well, once I was up to the task of moving my body and concentrating on something for more than five minutes at a time, I downloaded the SP1 redistributable package from Microsoft, made my back-ups, wiped the C: drive, and started fresh. Zero problems, runs great... I don't actually notice much of a difference from before. My FireWire Solo still has issues coming out of S3 mode, but that's it; otherwise, I've had a fantastic Vista experience, even since my days with the betas and release candidates.

No comments: